Wow, August flew by in a blur…
My month has been crazy, my life has flipped upside down and I am still trying to get my footing. My work has just changed my role, and I am now having to learn someone else’s role. To top it all off, they are also getting another accounting software and system, so now I need to learn that… Ahhhh, I am so worried for the times to come. Oh well, I guess that is the life of an administrator.
Other than that, my life just flew by, to be honest I don’t really remember the month.
So on to books, I did not read as much as I would like, but I have got a good chunk of books that I have been reading for a long time done. So I guess next month I will have a major page count because I am about to finish some massive books.
So what I read this month…
Keystone, Crossbreed #1 by Dannika Dark
Genre: Fiction, Fantasy and Paranormal
This book was a mess. I loved the idea of this book, but it just did not meet any of my expectations. I couldn’t remember the characters, the story was not engaging and I just thought it extremely poor. To be honest it has been a while, and now I barely remember it. I have decided to not continue with the series.
Raven Boys, The Raven Cycle #1 by Maggie Stiefvater
Genre: Fiction and Fantasy
Format: Audiobook but later got a copy of the book
This book was okay. It took me forever to get into this book and I still struggled until the very end. I actually re-started this three times. As the book progressed, it got much better. I loved the middle of the book, the friendships and the character development. Alas, the beginning and end of the book were a bit boring. So I have decided to not continue the series because I just wasn’t interested.
The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
Genre: Non-Fiction, Religious and Self-Help
Format: Borrowed book from family and got audiobook
So this book is a re-read, I read this before I got married, and now that I am married, I decided to read it again. It is exactly as I remember, but more relevant now. There is not much to say about this book. Only that it is a great read, and has helped my marriage. I will probably read this book again, we will see.
Red Queen, Red Queen #1 by Victoria Aveyard
Genre: Fiction, Fantasy and Dystopian
This was another re-read, I wanted to continue the series because there are now more books. One thing I need to mention, when I first read this book I rated it five stars. I have now changed it to four, because it just wasn’t as good as I remember. This book is a great book, I loved the plot, the characters and the world. I really wanted to be there with Mare in the palace, training to be a princess. I thought this such a great book. I will definitely be finishing the series. Fingers crossed it stays amazing.
🌻 🌻 🌻
Now a few statistics:
Total Books: 4
Total Pages: 1,311
Smallest Book: 5 Love Languages
Longest Book: Raven Boys
Goodreads Highest Rating: 5 Love Languages with 4.24 stars
Goodreads Lowest Rating: Keystone with 4.05 stars
Total Books Read So Far: 29
New 5 Star Ratings: 0
Average Rating: 2.75 stars
Blog Posts: 1
🌻 🌻 🌻
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo 91% complete
- Barefoot Investor: The Only Money Guide You’ll Ever Need by Scott Pape 14% complete
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression: Practical Tools to Help You Deal With Negative Emotions by Bob Phillips 23% complete
- Warrior Princess, Warrior Princess #1 by Allan Frewin Jones 16% complete
- Too Busy Not to Pray by Bill Hybels
- Illuminae, Illuminae Files #1 by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 11%
- What on Earth am I Here For? by Rick Warren 2%
- Angels and Demons, Robert Langdon #1 by Dan Brown 41%
🌻 🌻 🌻
- Raven Boys, The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Voyager, Outlander #3 by Diana Gabaldon
- Drums of August, Outlander #4 by Diana Gabaldon
- The Fiery Cross, Outlander #5 by Diana Gabaldon
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- The Odyssey by Homer
- Strange the Dreamer, Strange the Dreamer #1 by Laini Taylor
- Cruel Prince, Folk of the Air #1 by Holly Black
- Cinder, The Lunar Chronicles #1 by Marissa Meyer
- Shadow and Bone, Shadow and Bone #1 by Leigh Bardugo
🌻 🌻 🌻
So that is August… not much more to say. I will be trying to get through my long TBR this month and I am going to be participating in the TBR Jar Readathon. Follow the link if you want to check it out. I will also be trying to do a Down the TBR Hole post every week, probably on a Tuesday. No promises. Hopefully I will get through a bit of my TBR. I have already started to go through my Goodreads TBR and doing an initial cull before I start posting what I am getting rid of. At the moment it is over 1000 books. That’s way too much.
Also an update to keep myself accountable these are the following reviews I still need to complete. The Secret Garden should be up any day now… here is the updated list. My plan is to become better at this blogging thing. I am a perfectionist and just cannot post until it’s perfect. I am trying to get past that.
- Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings #1 – J.R.R. Tolkein
- The Secret Garden – Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Casual Vacancy – J.K. Rowling
- The Secret Keeper – Kate Morton
- Outlander, Outlander #1 – Diana Gabaldon
Are any of you participating in Readathons this month? If so, comment below.